Give back to your music community this Giving Tuesday! The more money we raise, the more micro-grants we can give out.
The DMV Music Alliance Fund for Music Innovation has been established to help local musicians and industry professionals explore new projects or initiatives that would benefit our regional music scene and its music fans. The DMVMA is particularly interested in:
- unique collaborations,
- music that bridges gaps and crosses boundaries, and
- initiatives that would provide industry resources and/or services that would help develop our region’s musicians and music industry.
- $500 micro-grant
- Project evaluation, consulting, and referrals
- Promotion including a video spotlight
- Free entry to our virtual workshops
- One pair of tickets to an IMP show
- Other opportunities as made available from our community partners
Music Industry Experience (MIE) Program
Are you looking for interns or volunteers? Are you interested in mentoring or coaching someone? Are you wanting to develop your career in the music industry? We’re thrilled to announce the MIE (Music Industry Experience) Program, which connects our community partners with a diverse pool of students, mentorees, interns, volunteers, and other promising professionals who are eager to gain real-world experience from, contribute their skills to, and receive mentorship in one or more facets of the music industry. These individuals include aspiring musicians, producers, event planners, marketing professionals, and more.
DMV Music Industry Needs Assessment
In conjunction with The Musicianship, we want to learn first-hand from our area’s musicians and industry professionals what they feel are their needs and challenges, as well as what kinds of infrastructure and services they would like to see put in place to better support our music community and grow the music scene as a whole. This input will help shape the work the Alliance and other community organizations plan to do in the future.